img +352 49 05 55
img ongsahel@pt.lu
img 29, bd. Dr. Charles Marx | L-2130 Luxembourg
Education of vulnerable children

ARBRE DE NOEL ENFANTS ORPHELINS DE KOUNGOUSSI_-12 (Medium)

Project name

Projet for the education of orphans and vulnerable children

Location

Kongoussi

Local Partner Organisation

Association Wend Benedo

Context

ARBRE DE NOEL ENFANTS ORPHELINS DE KOUNGOUSSI_-9 (800x532)In Kongoussi and its surroundings the association Wend Benedo takes care of about 331 children orphaned by AIDS, 16 of them are seropositive. Infected or not, children living in families affected by the disease  are vulnerable long before the passing away of the parents suffering from HIV and more especially when the parents die. They are deprived of their childhood with damaging effects on their chances of survival or on an harmonious development.

Objective

Improved living conditions of about 30 orphans and other vulnerable children

Main activities
  • Medical and psychosocial support,  provision of nutrition
  • Catering for education and vocational training
  • Advocacy work
Direct beneficiaries

About 30 children

Budget

The total budget is 300 000 € for the period 2019 to 2023, so 60 000 € per year.

Financement

The projet is funded up to 80% by the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs. The remaining 20% have to be funded by CPS through donations.